Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Concept Statement


(I wasn't sure if this is the one you wanted posted, or the last one I posted, so I'm posting both!)  

   Create a list of all users that may visit your site (not from the WWW but those you’d invite).
I want my site to be visited by potential employers, potential clients for freelance work, and anyone interested in design
.    What will each of those users want to see in order to enjoy their visit to your site?
The users will want to see my work and my personality through my work. They will want to see that I am professional and do good quality work. 
.    Name your intended audience (the person(s) you need to persuade.)
My intended audience is potential employers and clients
.    Describe what you need to inform and persuade them of:
                        Promote my: Graphic Design work
                        Goals of the site are: To show my skills and abilities as a designer and my showcase my resume and accomplishments and experience
                        My ultimate message/philosophy (about who you are): My ultimate message is that I am a person with skill and creativity who would be an ideal fit for any job or project
                        What is the story you are telling? I am telling my story of my style and level of craftsmanship in my work. 
.    Write a 200 word concept statement based on the user, your persuasion, navigation and the assets.
.    List the assets you need to persuade the user: Which 7 (minimum) projects? scans of what?, photos of what objects? images from what computer graphics program? what descriptive text? list them.
.    For the purpose of structuring your website portfolio pages, list the categories of work you will show. (for a Photographer, for example, it may be portrait, product, sports photography categories).

Concept Statement:
My website will be easy to use, simple to navigate and will first and foremost, show my work. I do not want my site to be overdesigned, or full of stuff, I simply want it to show my work and my resume. I do not think that a portfolio website should have to be crazy and over the top creative, sometimes simpler is better, and I do not want my work to be overshadowed by a website full of bells and whistles. Navigation will be simple, with only a few buttons and will be very organized. My users will respond well to this layout because many people have to look at tons of designer portfolios everyday, and the easier mine is to use, the more likely that a potential employer or client will be able to quickly look through all of my work. This will help achieve my overall goal of being hired to do design work because more of my work will be seen by potential employers. My work will be displayed through the use of photos and descriptions of the project requirements or background. I will also have several views of the same project listed in thumbnail form underneath the main photo so that users can see the project at all angles. I am not sure which projects I am going to feature yet, but all of them will fit into one of three categories: Print, Identity and Web. 

No comments:

Post a Comment